I'm gonna call him George (Sedum nussbaumerianum sp.)

When I first acquired the Georges, several of them were a long straggly succulent mess. 

They had been my daughter's.

The reason they were being sent to Oma's house was because the grandkid required more space. Clearly, the grandkid had also stolen time from Mom prior to the relocation of the plant - hence the straggly part.  Luckily succulents thrive on a bit of neglect and they had been doing just fine at my daughter's house prior to losing the space war. 

I should have taken a more "before" pictures, but I didn't.  I can pull these images from the overview pictures on the 'the succulents are coming' post

These are the smaller specimen - the ones that fit on the shelves. My daughter may have pictures of the others ones.  I don't. 

George Hardy I?
George Hardy II?


George Laurel I



















As I am pulling these pictures I was wondering how I ever thought they were the same.  But they're succulents!  Change their light and they'll gain or lose colors. Change their location and they'll grow tall or stubby.  What do I know about George's ability to change?

But I digress - Meet the Georges - what's left of them anyway. 

This pot looks suspiciously like George Laurel I above.


A different original straggler - George Lanky? 


This one is definitely different - George Graptopolous?


and who even know what this was when it started....

As I noted before, it seems ridiculous now that I thought these were the same.  But seriosuly, succulents change coloration and shape based on growing and lighting conditions. I (falsely) attributed the obvious differences between the Goerges to differences in lighting at the time I found the plant. However....

However, looking at the cuttings that are now grown under the same conditions, this looks like a case of "one - or two - of these things are not like the other"...

Laurel, Hardy and Lanky in good company?

Laurel and Hardy are in the house!

We shall see what the Georges will become... not only do I have mystery cuttings - I have mystey leaf babies.

And again, one of these things is not like the other....  One of these is turning orange as its making babies while the other one remains green for the most part.

Who are you?
Mr. Lanky junior? 













Mr. Laurel Junior? 

...and who are you?


See Kiddo, they're alive and well - sort of.  

Identification Attempts for the Georges: 













Comments