George, Ghosts and the Donkey Tail

My daughter has a 2-year-old with a need for a bedroom. Since I am a wonderful grandmother, I graciously offered refuge for the succulents that would be displaced when their space was taken over by the munchkin. 

We did not have plants at my house when my kids were little, because we always had cats that would eat them. I still have a cat, but this cat ignores plants. So, I can have plants again!

I may just have gone a little overboard, but who would judge me for a few extra plants? As my oldest granddaughter says, "It's better than spending money on drugs."

My daughter had a whole shelf full of succulents - none of them with labels since most of them were leaf propagations from varying sources. 

Not knowing who-is-who is driving me nuts...

This blog is an attempt at cataloging what I have; exploring what is new - just keeping track - and enjoying the pictures of succulents. 

baby succulent
First attempts at photography quickly identify a lighting - and a magnification issue. 

This is George - and don't know what he is.  We'll have to ID this one with a best guess. 










baby succulentGeorge can also be propagated taking off the entire top of the plant.  This was an accidental decapitation.  



baby succulent
The leaf of the left goes to the succulent I have struggled with the most so far.  I only have a few specimen and it was touch and go for them for a  minute.  This is the on I call the ghost. 
baby succulentLast but not least, this is the first progeny of a donkey tail succulent.  It's one of my favorite weirdlings so far. 
See Kiddo, they're alive and propagating!


Comments